The TRX suspension trainer carries an expensive price tag, and it can be a very troublesome challenge to find a budget friendly TRX alternative that is just as strong, durable and effective. We have done the dirty work of identifying the top rated alternative suspension trainers that you can use instead of the TRX & never feel the difference.
The BEST TRX Suspension Trainer Alternatives
Is TRX – the Original Worth it?
YES! The original TRX is worth going for in our opinion if you want the following benefits:
– The quality and feel of the product
– The 35 page Workout guide, with DVD & App
– The padded door anchor
– Registration to the official TRX site with access to videos and other training material
BUT, some of us (or many of us) don’t care about these add-ons. We may have our own routines or trainers to work with. We just need a suspension trainer to get the benefits out of suspension training. TRX may just be too expensive for our budget.
Even if TRX was affordable enough, a wise person would save on the cost and use the remaining budget to buy more equipment such as a kettlebell, a pull up bar, hanging ab straps, portable dip station etc…
Conclusion: You just got a home gym set up with powerful equipment all within the price of a TRX.
Justified below in detail are the top rated alternative TRX trainers available at Amazon.com – my preferred shopping site. They are almost a quarter to 1/3rd of the price, and they still get the job done.
If you are living in the UK, Click Here.
#1 TRX ALTERNATIVE AT AMAZON US
Bodyweight Fitness Resistance Trainer Kit with Pro Straps for Door, Pull up Bar or Anchor Point. Lean, Light, Extra Durable for Complete Body Workouts. E-Book “12 Week Program” (Patent Pending)
- Premium workout pro straps with high tensile 1.5 inch webbing strength
- Setup guide included
- Holds up to 350 lbs
- Maximum length: 7 feet
- Buckle strap adjustments
- Anchors to door, tree, rafter beam, pull up bars, power racks or other solid structures
- Quick attach carabiners
- Lightweight and easy to carry (Carry bag included)
- 100% lifetime replacement guarantee
- In-built re-inforced door anchors (does not damage door due to round cylindrical knobs)
- FREE 12 week program
- Multiple Anchoring Options for Variety of Exercises
– Obviously, these are direct competitors/virtual copies of TRX bands, but for about half the price. They do the job, and they seem sturdy. As for the differences, I would say the foam handles are a little firmer than TRX, but that might be from the usage of TRX at my gym. – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– Super sturdy, works well with interior and exterior doors. The straps are easy to adjust and the handles are pretty comfortable. Easy to pack up for use at work. I haven’t used the rings, only attached to a closed door, but every aspect of this kit is high quality. – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– I love this resistance trainer! As active duty military fitness is an important part of my life but with long work hours and family/personal life it’s hard to make gym hours. I have wrapped it around tree branches support beams on a shelterhouse, pipes you name and gotten in an amazing workout. The quality of the equipment is very good and worth the price. – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– I think the actual product is pretty good. I’m disappointed that it did NOT come with a mount for a cement wall. It should be included in the kit. This would get 5 stars for me if that were the case. – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
#2 BEST SUSPENSION TRAINER AT AMAZON US
QonQuill BodyWeight Fitness Training Kit | Resistance Straps Trainer
- Built from High Quality Nylon
- Comfortable & non-slip lay flat handles
- No-rub cam bucklers
- Upgraded webbing, sewing with strong seams
- Holds upto 400lbs
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Multiple Anchoring Options for Variety of Exercises
- Free Exercise Book with over 300 exercises
- Extension strap for added resistance to perform more variety of exercises
- White markings on the strap makes it easy to remember the level of resistance used for each exercise – perfect solution for progressive overload training.
– I received these with one day delivery at no extra charge. They are very high quality, including strong clamps, carabiners and stitching – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– I love these TRX-like bands! They work the exact same but at a fraction of the cost! It is very easy to adjust these and the kit came with enough pieces for a few different mounting options including over the door and on a mount attached to a wall. I ordered a CoreX wall mount (which is also amazing) and it all works so perfectly for my home gym! I could not be happier – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– Very GOOD quality and the best customer service. Contacted seller about the length of the straps, they replied immediately and solved the issue. We love this resistance straps and it worth every $$ – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– I’ve been using these for over a month and really like them. The nylon, stitching, and hardware appear to be of very high quality – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
RECOMMENDED ALTERNATIVE AT AMAZON UK
- Super Strong and Sturdy Suspension Straps Trainer
- Easily Adjustable Strap Lengths & Fairly Effective
- High quality thicken straps for durability, non-slip EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) foam grip
- Re-Inforced Universal Door Anchor
- Door Anchor: Slip over any standard home or office door.
– Overall not a bad product, does what i want it to but could be improved with clear mounting instructions. – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– Good quality kit .. as good as those in my gym (nationwide ‘company’). In the publicity pics the ropes are shown as being good for use outdoors .. which is my intent. – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
– My personal trainer uses a trx in her gym and said i should get one to work out at home. She recommended this one as is cheaper and yet great quality. Was easy to adjust and set up. – A Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
We hope this page was helpful in helping you decide on the best non-TRX suspension trainer. It’s time to avoid excuses and start with your fitness plan as fast as possible.